Friday, November 8, 2013

A Poem Found While De-Cluttering the House

And God Said, "No"
by Claudia Minden Weisz

I asked God
to take away my pride,

And God said, "No."

He said it was not for Him to
take away, but for me to give up.

I asked God
to make my handicapped
child whole,

And God said, "No."

He said her spirit is whole,
her body is only temporary.

I asked God
to grant me patience,

And God said, "No."

He said that patience is a
byproduct of tribulation,
it isn't granted, it's earned.

I asked God
to give me happiness,

And God said, "No."

He said He gives blessings,
Happiness is up to me.

I asked God
to spare me pain,

And God said, "No."

He said, "Suffering draws you
apart from worldly cares
and brings you closer to Me."

I asked God
to make my spirit grow,

And God said, "No."

He said I must grow
on my own, but He will prune me
to make me fruitful.

I asked God
if He loved me,

And God said, "Yes."

He gave me His only Son
who died for me,
and I will be in heaven someday
because I believe.

I asked God
to help me love others,
as much as He loves me,

And God said, "Ah, finally, you have the idea."

No comments:

Post a Comment